Australian Christian faith communities bringing effective, compassionate care in their community
Faith Community Care
Faith Community Care (FCC) is health focused pastoral care ministry using gifted and specifically trained volunteers and people with health professional knowledge and skills to effectively care for people in the church’s congregation and reach out to the community the church serves.
FCC is promoted by the Australian Faith Community Nurses Association (AFCNA).
‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”(Mark 12:31, ESV)
AFCNA helps Faith Communities and individuals with:
- resources for people and churches interested in Faith Community Care that seek to release ‘abundant life’ in every person (John 10:10, Holy Bible)
- Helps churches to commence and develop Faith Community Care ministry in their faith community
- Provides information for individuals, professionals and ministry workers in Christian faith communities e.g. pastors, pastoral care workers, allied health professionals, nurses, doctors and others who are interested in this topic
- Provides information that enables Christian health professionals and care workers to put their faith into action using their practice knowledge and skills
- Connects you with others with a passion for promoting health
- ‘We have a solution to the top 3 pastoral care needs in Australia’ – click here to read more
- Why should your church consider Faith Community Care ministry? – click here to read more
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
If you would like to stay informed about Faith Community Care news, events, articles and resources about holistic health and care, please subscribe to our free newsletter.
Become a member of the association!
AFCNA membership is open to Christian people who embrace AFCNA’s vision, mission and purpose of facilitating quality, community care via our faith communities.
Our current members come from nursing, allied health and medical professionals, faith-based service providers in aged care, disability care, community care, health care, schools and churches.
We also welcome members with lived experience, interested citizens, students, academics, policymakers who bring their unique knowledge and experience to our shared purpose.
Learn more about
We value your privacy. Click here to read more